Where to look during a rally

Table Tennis Mental Preparation

Last updated 7 years ago

Rob Janssen

Rob Janssen Asked 7 years ago

Hi Coach,

I noticed that I do not focus 100% on the ball during a rally, I focus the ball like 60% and to be onest I have not Idea at where the other 40% is focussed on. 

Also, during my opponents serve I keep watching the paddle until contact, Is this good or not?

My question is; Whats the best to look at during a rally? And where do you look at during a rally?

I think the best is to watch the ball 75-80% and for the rest watch the opponents bat or something but I have not really an idea.

Thanks

 


Alois Rosario

Alois Rosario Answered 7 years ago

Hi Rob,

I think it is best to focus risky on the ball.  If you try to switch focus between the ball and anything else you will find it too difficult.  The ball is moving fast enough to occupy our thoughts totally.

While watching the ball you will notice other things thorough your peripheral vision.  You will still know what your opponent is doing.


Notify me of updates
Add to Favourites
Back to Questions

Thoughts on this question

Rob Janssen

Rob Janssen Posted 7 years ago

Okay, from now on I will try to focus totally on the ball then. 

 

Thanks



Become a free member to post a comment about this question.