Last updated on 23-Jul-2012 10:44:44 PM
Dear Jeff and Alois:
I was waching the video of Jeff teaching about good and dangers areas during service. The good area is to serve as close to the net and the bad area is the middle of the table. Jeff was also telling that while serving the another good area is edge of the table.
I have a doubt on this. For example, if an opponent receiving the serve stands as far as away from the table, which is the better position to place the serve. If I serve at the edge of the table, he might take a backward or sideward movement and can play an attacking stroke.
I am a beginner in table tennis and would definitely want to improve on different range of serves.
Kindly give your valuable guidance.
The serve near the edge needs to be fast. We advocate that 80% of your serves are short and the other 20% can be as a surprise tactic long and fast. This will then be effective.